+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Email error

speedster

Default Email error

I have a WebAfrica prepaid account and have been getting the following errors from Outlook when sending emails

Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Sender Hourly Mail Quota Exceeded.

I use the smtp.saix.net gateway. What is this, and how do I fix it?

Does it mean you are not able to send out any messages?
    Are there any messages that you sent in the past few minutes? Remember, there are limitations on the smtp.saix.net on the number of messages that you can send per hour.
    How many messages were you trying to send out?
    Alternatively, you can use smtp.webafrica.org.za and just enable authentication on the outgoing server...
    Hope this will help...

speedster

Yes, I am not able to send any messages. What is the SAIX limit per hour?

According to them, you can send 400 messages per hour. Have you sent a lot of messages in the past few minutes? Can you confirm if you are trying to send one message or a lot of messages?

speedster

Someone in my office has just confirmed she is sending a single message to a large number of recipients. Is there a way to increase this number?

The number is fixed on the side of SAIX, perhaps, you can try smtp.webafrica.org.za
    and make sure that authentication is enabled on your outgoing server...

speedster

Thanks - the error seems to have been reset. I'll give smtp.webafrica.org.za
    a go if it happens again.

Hi Speedster

Zolile is right, Saix enforces a 3oo - 400 per hour email limit from any email account

Even if you send 1 message to a large number of recipients, it still means that u sending say 1000 emails if there is 1000 recipients on your list. So your emails will be queed and only 300 - 400 per hour will go out.

If you are wanting to send out large number of emails to say a newsletter mailing group, then read the post in support i had regarding Persits which WA answered explaining what is acceptable usage.

Thanks
    Trevor

speedster

Hi again - the above problem is back and when I try to use my WebAfrica account details it says my username/password connection is incorrect.

I've tried both xxxxx and xxxxx@wadsl but neither seem to work. Any suggestions?

Hi Speedster

With regards to your username and password, that you would have to check with WA Support to make sure it hasnt changed or that your account is stil active.

As before, if you cant send emails and get the hourly notice, as before, read the answers above

If you are in need of sending out mass emails or newsletters, i would suggest you speak to WA and upgrade your package to a package that would do this for you. You cant expect to use and pay for a home basic email account and then send out 100000 of emails on it, Saix will allow 300-400 per hour only and also WA might start complaining bout your usage of your account as this is then more commercial use i would guess.

I have a windows reseller package with WA and spoken to Rupert on a previous thread here on using Persits to send out email newsletter for my client. I was told that up to 2000 they will queue, but thereafter i will need to speak to their support to send out larger numbers as this puts an unfair load on the server which affects other customers and i agree with it. So either then get a package like this where you can do 2000 emails say per week with their permission or you would need to fork out for a dedicated box where you can send out as you please within your bandwidth limit on the package, as this only affects you, cause you the only person using that box.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Thanks
    Trevor

speedster

I figured out I have to use my WebAfrica email account username and password - not the ADSL account so I quickly created an email account and simply use that as my login details

Rem the above for future speedster

Eddy

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by speedster View Post
    I have a WebAfrica prepaid account and have been getting the following errors from Outlook when sending emails

Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Sender Hourly Mail Quota Exceeded.

I use the smtp.saix.net gateway. What is this, and how do I fix it?

This sounds like the kind of problem you would only encounter trying to send bulk emails directly from your pc. If that's the case you might resolve the hourly problem but you are still going to run into deliverability and spam filter problems, because you are sending from a public IP address. Ideally you want to find a hosted service with a good anti-spam policy, to ensure good deliverability for your messages.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information