+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battlefiled Bad Company 2 Serial key is already in use

Default Battlefiled Bad Company 2 Serial key is already in use

Hi there guys

I have been dying to play Bfbc2 online for a while now and i decided to go and get myself the game this eveing. I installed the game, and did the online authentication, then the updater started (and is still going...very very very slowly) so i go into the game and see there is a server browser. i was curious so i clicked and had to logg in with my ea account, wich i did, then it asked me for my serial key again, i thought that was weird but ok i put it in and what happens? the stupid thing tells me that the registered serial key is already in use. WTF?

Please tell me im doing something wrong.. please tell me i didnt go and waste R349!!

A very heart broken young lady over here =,(
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

sorry i have no idea , hope someone will help out .
    i like cookies

It seems if all else fails you should simply speak to EA Support to get it resolved. There's some information on bug-type fixes here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/443943.page - but in the end they also suggest contacting support.
    Regards,
    Brendan Hide
    NOC'er

Quote Originally Posted by Spot_The_Dot View Post
    Hi there guys

I have been dying to play Bfbc2 online for a while now and i decided to go and get myself the game this eveing. I installed the game, and did the online authentication, then the updater started (and is still going...very very very slowly) so i go into the game and see there is a server browser. i was curious so i clicked and had to logg in with my ea account, wich i did, then it asked me for my serial key again, i thought that was weird but ok i put it in and what happens? the stupid thing tells me that the registered serial key is already in use. WTF?

Please tell me im doing something wrong.. please tell me i didnt go and waste R349!!

A very heart broken young lady over here =,(
    Okay go make sure your EA account has your BFBC2 game there should have a profile under bfbc2(or just check your vetran status to make sure you got the game to your EA ac****). If its there your safe, if its not there contact ea support also make sure your ea account email address has been verified. Also the patches comes to about 2 gigs more or less.

I took it back to incredible and they refused me a swap out or a refund... yet they took the game back. I told them if they taking the game back then they must give me proof that they have it booked in and that my 7 day swop out warranty does not get gepraidised. they sold me a game that has a used key. an open game!

Ive notified EA and FPB about the game. nobody has gotten back to me. incredibile connection call centre told me that the matter is serious and they will tend it emmediatly, well let's see if pigs really fly shall we?
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

I took it back to incredible and they refused me a swap out or a refund... yet they took the game back. I told them if they taking the game back then they must give me proof that they have it booked in and that my 7 day swop out warranty does not get gepraidised. they sold me a game that has a used key. an open game!

Ive notified EA and FPB about the game. nobody has gotten back to me. incredibile connection call centre told me that the matter is serious and they will tend it emmediatly, well let's see if pigs really fly shall we?
    A few points spring to mind:

1. IC sells software with the disk already opened. I bought MS Office and had to collect the disk at the counter. I presume it was the same for the game?

2. When you registered the game, could it have tried to do it twice? You mentioned problems with the connection etc.

As for leaving the game in the shop ... I would have got a name at least ...

Default REply

I got the managers name who sold it to me and promised me that the key was not tampered with, as i expressed my concern about buying the game already opened, you usually get a sealed game at the countre when you take the one from the shelf, but that was the last one. he should have sourced me a sealed game from one of their other branches, instead he promised me that the key has not been tampered with...

i also have the managers name who refused to refund or swap out.

i feel this is very unfair. i understand their software policy and agree why its in place, but, i buaght a game from them with the assurance that it was never used, and it has been... the game told me the key was already in use the first time i installed
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

I also insisted that the game get booked into the technical department with a slip
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

PM quick shot on the SGS forums or via the gaming inc website. He works for incredible and handles the comps and gaming division etc.. he could possibly help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Surv0 View Post
    PM quick shot on the SGS forums or via the gaming inc website. He works for incredible and handles the comps and gaming division etc.. he could possibly help you out.
    thanks. Tried looking up a member called quick shot on Sgs forums but got noting and can't find a member search on gaming inc =/
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

ive pm'd you his email addi.

Quote Originally Posted by Surv0 View Post
    ive pm'd you his email addi.
    thank you i will mail him during the course of today
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

I declare this post officially closed! it was confirmed with EA that the serial key was indeed used two months ago and i was refunded with a new game. yay see you all on the battlefield soon =p
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

Incredible corruption to me I only buy games from Take2

Lol yea but i did not want to wait 3-5 working days i wanted it NAO xD Incredible Disseption was my Ultimate last choice...
    \m/(^^,) Nawty_nunu

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information