+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mumble wage server down for 2 weeks

Default Mumble wage server down for 2 weeks

Hey guys looking to find out what is happening with the chat.wage.co.za mumble server. It has been down for probably 2 weeks now. We have over 100 users from our community looking to find out whats going on and if we should look for new mumble servers elsewhere.

Can you please update me and I will let them know

Regards
    BushBaBy

(If you can email me I would prefer that, thanks, deonbosman89@gmail.com)

Just to add some Info as well and ask another question. This mumble server was being used by LoLinSA, we have over 600 South Africa LoL players now of which over 470 have registered on our site. We are also working with NGL to host the next SA only biggest LoL tourney soon and would like a VOIP solution long before the seeding process starts. Also I read on the forums now that people have free mumble servers hosted for them? is this true. because if this is possible LoLinSA would love one hosted for our members that we could have more control of.

Thanks again
    BushBaBy

Hi bushbaby, i dont know about the WAGE mumble server as i have never used mumble before and i dont know how it works at all, but if the server is down why dont you guys join us on the WAGE Teamspeak 3 server? I assume Mumble and TeamSpeak do the same job. Most of us use TS as the primary communication medium. If you need a channel just speak to any of the admins online.

http://teamspeak.com/
    The ip of the server is the same as mumble. chat.wage.co.za
    Last edited by Weasil; 4th January 12 at 02:00 PM.
    WAGE Vanilla Minecraft server IP: minecraft.co.za

Hi Weasil, the reason we use Mumble as an all SA community is that mumble has loads more control of bandwidth usage including downstream and upstream. Many of user have slower connections and it is better for them. I know [WAGE] Tom was the guy that was in control over there.

Quote Originally Posted by BushBaBy View Post
    Hey guys looking to find out what is happening with the chat.wage.co.za mumble server. It has been down for probably 2 weeks now. We have over 100 users from our community looking to find out whats going on and if we should look for new mumble servers elsewhere.

Can you please update me and I will let them know

Regards
    BushBaBy

(If you can email me I would prefer that, thanks, deonbosman89@gmail.com)
    Hi BushBaBy

I do apologize for the ridiculous down time.

I have received a ticket earlier today regarding this, I have restarted the server and its back online.

I will be downloading the .log file and investigate as to why the server was stopped and why we were not notified of this.

If in future you have any issues regarding any of the WAGE services you are welcome to contact me via E-mail or any of the following IM systems.

E-mail: David@wage.co.za
    Steam: impulse12333
    Xfire: impulse131

You are also welcome to PM me on the forums or join our WAGE Teamspeak 3 server and report it to one of the WAGE admins.

WAGE Teamspeak 3 IP: chat.wage.co.za

All our admins wear the [WAGE] tags

Regards
    -WAGE- Head Admin
    Impulse
    Last edited by Impulse; 4th January 12 at 03:21 PM.

Hi Bushbaby,

I have been on leave over the last week and will be until the 9th. I did not notice any downtime on that specific server as I had not heard of any reports regarding the downtime. Impulse will be helping out while I'm away and thankfully he restarted the service earlier today while I was unavailable.

All of our admins use Teamspeak 3 and are available on the address provided above. Being the time of year it is, things are slower than normal. If you would like to report any form of server issue please feel free to contact any admin who will the escalate it to Impulse/David and then to me if required, until I am back on the 9th.

The only downtime I saw was for around two days, but I have identified the issue and will be cleaning it up during off-peak hours.

Additionally, send me a PM on here if you need, I receive those notifications rather quickly.
    Last edited by WARob; 4th January 12 at 04:35 PM.

I do know the the server went off on the 26th and our community tried to connect daily since then, other than that I cant help any more. We are just happy it is up again. Also David, Im not sure if my PMs to you are going though, if not let me know.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information